Updated 3/19/2015 – all clients now released. Please see full change list and version numbers below.
For better app sharing over poor networks and a cleaner chat UI, please update your VSee to
- Windows – version 126.96.36.199 (20073)
- Mac version 2.8 (20125)
- iPad 3.0 (20122)
- iPhone 1.6 (20095)
- Android 1.2 (20156)
All clients (Android, iPad, iPhone, Mac and Windows):
1. Improved app sharing performance when a callee’s network is poor.
2. Fixed problem with starting a meeting when logged in on multiple devices.
3. Fixed problem where name occasionally does not show on various UI.
4. Fixed group chat problem where username appears twice after a crash and restart.
- Chat window improvements:
- Added automatic text wrapping.
- Added bubble effect for chat messages.
- Bring chat window to foreground when clicking on chat notification.
- Simpler UI for adding and switching out auxiliary cameras.
- New default video resolution for auxiliary camera at 480p.
- Sync group chat messages across devices.
- Fixed window tiling issue on OS X Yosemite
- Fixed recording for Mac App Store version.
- Added recording icon and status for remote video window.
- Fixed crashes on quit
iPad and iPhone:
- Improved chat history:
- Save chat messages upon receipt.
- Split chat sessions after an idle time of more than 30 minutes.
- Keep 1-on-1 chat view in unloaded state for 30 minutes after chat box has been closed
- Fixed issue where 1-to-1 chat is not being deleted upon sign out
- Added support for restoring unread messages on startup
- Improved network detection
- Rearranged buttons for video settings.
- Fixed issue where video is being muted after restart.
- No longer supporting pre-iOS 7 devices
*We are aware of an iPhone bug in this release where the video is not launching although audio can still be heard.
- Fixed high data usage caused by bandwidth tests
- Fixed crashes:
- Login/Logout crashes.
- Crashes running in the background.
- Fixed call status being stuck as in-call sometimes.
- Improved loading time for contact list.
To see if you are on the latest version of VSee
Windows – Click the Help icon in the address book –>select “About VSee…” and see if it is the newest version. VSee will download the newest client for you (which will show as a checkmark in task tray icon). Simply restart the program to use the updated VSee.
Mac – Click “VSee” top menu and choose “check for updates.”
Please contact VSee support team if you have any problems, questions, or suggestions!