Legal Considerations of Telemedicine
Staying Secure and Compliant
With the COVID-19 Emergency requiring physicians to adopt telehealth and position more of their staff to work from home, important patient privacy and security risks emerge. This webinar will address those along with practical tips for compliance.
- Learn the HIPAA privacy risks associated with telehealth
- Learn the HIPAA technical and cybersecurity risks associated with telehealth
- Learn what “Zoom-bombing is” and how to prevent an unauthorized person from hijacking your telehealth session
- Learn the basic privacy and security practices to require for telehealth-either from your home or office
- Learn what the HIPAA Enforcement Notice of Discretion covers during the COVID-19 Emergency
David Ginsberg is co-founder and president of PrivaPlan Associates, Inc. He has more than 30 years of experience in the health care industry with expertise in HIPAA, medical practice management and regulatory compliance. He is the official HIPAA advisor to ACCMA and the California Medical Association (CMA).
Health Care Attorney at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman