Help us make VSee Android the best mobile video chat app ever! Get our VSee Android beta release here and send us your feedback and bug reports. VSee Android has all the features of VSee iPhone – secure group video calls, screen share, text chat, and the new multiple device login. VSee Android has been in private beta for several months now, and it is now ready for public beta, but please note it still has several crash issues.
VSee requires Android 4.03 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later.
Again, please send us your feedback and bug reports. You can do this through a support ticket from vsee.com. We are aiming for a general release end of April / early May. Thanks for your support
new dialing window shows up bottom right starting this release
Multi-login support is here! Now you can log into VSee on all your computers and mobile devices. This feature is supported on all VSee platforms including Windows, Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Android (in public beta). Please make sure you are updated to the following versions to take full advantage of this and all other new features:
- Windows version: 188.8.131.521 (18111)
- Mac version: 2.3 (18111)
- iPad version: 2.5 (18031)
- iPhone version: 1.1 (18031)
A big thanks to all our devs for the past few months of hard work making multi-login happen!
Windows, Mac, iPad, iPhone:
- Added ability to login on multiple devices
- Added support for group chat both in and out of a video call
- Added dialing window for video call (appears in the lower right corner)
- Flipped local video to mirror image
Windows and Mac:
- Fixed search contact issue for low bandwidth and high-latency networks
- Separated chat window and video window. This is just the first step to a much needed VSee chat overhaul – please bear with us a bit longer.
- Fixed issue with saving window layout.
- Fixed crash upon leaving a meeting.
- Added new recording indicator images
- Fixed crash when logging out of a call with active auxilary camera
- Fixed loading address book issues:
- Large address books
- Empty address books
- Fixed crashes on quit
iPad and iPhone:
- Added ability to automatically relaunch and re-login to application after a crash
- Fixed calling issue while app is running in the background
- Added ability to change annotation color.
- Improved video quality on newer iPad/iPhone devices
- Added support for portrait orientation (iPad only)
new video calling window tells you who was offline or who didn’t pick up
To see if you are on the latest version of VSee
Windows version 184.108.40.2061 – Click the Help icon in the address book –>select “About VSee…” and see if it is the newest version. VSee will download the newest client for you (which will show as a checkmark in task tray icon). Simply restart the program to use the updated VSee.
Mac version 2.3 (18111) - Click “VSee” top menu and choose “check for updates.”
Please contact VSee support team if you have any problems, questions, or suggestions!
One of VSee VIP customers is Barton Associates. They are the largest hospital temporary staffing company in the US. I met the owner and their executive team a number of times – a wonderful and hard charging set of people (ie – you will learn a lot and it will be a great career boost for you
They are looking to hire a Director of Technical Products in their Boston office – they will pay to relocate you. You will work directly w/ their executive team, and one of the perks is that you will help manage their telehealth solutions – ie – able to boss around the VSee design and engineering team A final perk is that you have a permanent invitation to the VSee summer wakeboarding trip and the winter ski trip
Here is their job description.
Dear Customers and Users,
As you may have heard, Heartbleed is a serious defect in OpenSSL, a core cryptographic library that is used to protect communications on the Internet. This bug affected a large proportion of Web servers on the internet.
VSee has updated our servers with the fixed version of OpenSSL when this problem became publicly known. Furthermore, we have installed new SSL certificates on our servers and revoked the older certificate.
VSee has no evidence that our servers were compromised in anyway. However, we recommend changing your VSee password as a precautionary measure.
FOR VSEE API CUSTOMERS: you can request a new set of API keys from your customer success engineer.
VSee takes protecting all of our customer’s security and privacy as a top priority and we are continuing to monitor this situation. We will provide updates when appropriate.
If you have any questions or concerns about this incident, please contact email@example.com.
with many thanks and warm regards,
VSee saves recorded video as Matroska (.mkv) files. To play a file, you can use VLC media player for playing MKV files on both Windows and Mac. You can also check out other some alternatives to VLC here.
Set up VLC to Play Videos Side-by-Side
VLC for Windows view
- Go to Tools->Preference
- Uncheck the boxes for
- “Allow only one instance” and
- “Use only one instance when started from file manager”
- Save the settings. (This will allow you to launch more then one instance of VLC player so you can play multiple videos simultaneously.)
Playing Back Videos Side-by-Side
To play all videos at the same time, in the file manager, highlight all the videos to be played at the same time, then hit “Play.”
Converting Your MKV File for Editing
Special thanks to VSee user, Tony Dennis, Founder of Freedom Star Project for the following tip.
The program I found to convert MKV files at a decent quality is Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate
Also if the client needs to extract the audio from the video without any loss at all (MKV is just like a folder that combines the audio and video) this is the program: MKV Extract GUI
This will allow people to take the audio and edit in a separate program and add it back to the video with other video editing software.
To record your VSee call, check out our post on How to Record a VSee Session.