Video Conference Product Reviews
|Simple, secure, low bandwidth, for creative people to get things done||No H.323/SIP support (yet)||VSee blog|
|Connects w/ Skype, H.323/SIP||Poor video performance, and limited Screen Share||VSee vs Blue Jeans|
|Free Group Video and Gdoc rocks!!||No screen sharing + annotation. Not secure.||VSee vs Google+ Hangout|
|Great IM, Outlook, and Telephone support||Near impossible to connect w/ outside your company||VSee vs Lync|
|Free Group Video||Complicated UI||VSee vs ooVoo|
|HIPAA-Compliant Videoconferencing, Awesome technical support||No H.323/SIP support|
|The Market Leader for voice and video||No screen share + annotation. Requires too much bandwidth.||VSee vs Skype|
|Great video performance on iPhone, Android||No screen share, not secure|
Tokbox | OpenTok
|Free video chat API||Poor video performance and audio echo||VSee vs OpenTok|
|Very high quality HD video on all the platforms||Complex pricing and backend infrastructure. Requires too much bandwidth.||VSee vs Vidyo|
|The Market Leader for presentations / webinars||Poor video performance, not designed for peer-to-peer work||VSee vs WebEx|
|Mobile support iPad, iPhone, Android||Group video not free (after 40 min)||VSee vs Zoom|
|Connects with all hardware video conference endpoints, supported on all mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Android)||Complicated server requirements and difficult to cross firewalls||VSee vs Cisco Jabber|
- The default voice, video, and IM tool for the world, at more than 250M active monthly users
- Able to call telephones
- Available on all the platforms and devices
- Free group video conference
- Fast screen share with annotation
- Low bandwidth, less than half of Skype bandwidth at same video quality - great for 3G and in developing countries
- End-to-end encryption using 256 bit AES where vsee conversations are always private and off-the-record
Skype Email Security Leak – Another Reason To VSeeThe Next Web actually reproduced the hack and explains, “Essentially, that email address is used to create a new account with your own email address tied to it. Then, minus a couple of key steps, you can use a password reset token to gain access to your target’s account.”
Why Not Skype For Health Care?Skype video chat is a tempting choice for telehealth. It's popular and easy to use. It also has multiple security issues that put patients' privacy at risk.
- Amazing HD video in software - eliminates the complex Cisco and Polycom hardware endpoints
- Available on all the mobile platforms
- No complicated infrastructure or video servers
- Low bandwidth, requires less than half of Vidyo bandwidth at the same video quality
- Simple screen sharing with live annotation that makes team work frictionless
- End-to-End encryption (while Vidyo does client-to-server encryption only, where Vidyo servers have access to your raw video)
Google Hangouts Drops Vidyo For WebRTC...because in the end, Vidyo is just too complicated and requires too much infrastructure.
The Next Big Thing In VideoconferencingWhat is needed now is a lightweight means of getting work done together quickly and socially, especially as teams become more spread out across the globe and workers become more mobile and likely to work from home or anywhere...
- No download, video inside the web browser (provided you have Flash already)
- OpenTok API is free and simple
- Great people - dedicated and smart support team
- Superior video quality
- Echo-free audio
- Military-grade security
- Simple and rich API for embedding vsee into your applications
OpenTok Customers – We’ll Pay You To Switch VSeeNeed an OpenTok alternative? With OpenTok going through acquisition changes, now is a good time to start exploring other options...
- The default standard for almost all enterprises (and still growing rapidly at the expense of IBM Sametime and Cisco Jabber)
- Well designed product that unifies key office communication mediums - voice, IM, and video
- Integration with Office, SharePoint, Exchange and Skype
- Able to call people outside your company (something almost impossible w/ Lync)
- Simple multiparty group video conference without servers (while Lync group video must had dedicated servers)
- Simple to deploy - does not require administrator permissions to run the vsee client (while Lync requires administrator to set it up for you)
Microsoft Lync: Video Conferencing Deployment NightmareMicrosoft Lync (formerly Microsoft Office Communicator) offers a great set of communication tool integrations, making it popular with enterprises both large and small (< 300)...
VSee Challenges Microsoft Communicator/Lync For Remote WorkMilton has been packing in the summer talks. Lucky for us VSee gives him the super power of being in two places at the same time.
Lync Conference: Skype Integration, Market GainsMicrosoft Lync users can now officially look forward to Lync-Skype integration for June 2013.
Lync Room System: Microsoft Ventures Beyond Desktop VideoWith the Lync Room System, Microsoft is looking to deliver a completely Lync-based room conferencing (not just integration with Polycom or Radvision) complete with all its collaboration capabilities such as document-sharing, Outlook calendar integration.
- The default presentation tool of the world, GotoMeeting is a strong second choice!
- Easily schedule and join a meeting directly from Outlook and other email calendars
- Telephone and voice-to-ip integration
- Meetings for free and equal flow of ideas
- Simple, speedy video calling and screen share
- Designed to let you get work done without having to think about it
Cisco Scraps Cius in Favor of WebEx and JabberIt’s no secret that room-based video conferencing and telepresence are dying breeds.The ever-declining revenue growth of Cisco’s Telepresence division as well as poor market performance by Cisco Telepresence competitors Polycom and LifeSize clearly attests to this..
Google+ Hangout Advantages:
- Designed for open public or media events
- Hangouts On Air simple live broadcasting to thousands of viewers
- Designed for working together
- Awesome video performance (and echo-free audio)
- Military-grade security
Video Call Connoisseur’s Review of Google+ HangoutsA guest contributer’s review of Google+ Hangouts with information on the technology behind it...
Google+ Hangouts High Bandwidth Issues Solved…Sort ofGoogle Hangouts now has a new "bandwidth slider" and voice-only mode that make it more friendly for network-challenged users.
- Free group video calls, while Skype group video is $4.99 a month
- Ability to make phone calls or add them to a video call
- Supports all platforms and devices
- Significantly higher video quality at lower bandwidth
- No ads, while oovoo aggressively takes over your computer, like inserting browser plugins so they can track you and show your ads
- Simple user experience
- Off-the-record private conversations, while oovoo has full access to everything you do
VSee for St. Martin Parish School DistrictA typical meeting for them includes 4 people in 4 different towns. Even with someone out sick, video conferencing allows them to still meet and get things done...
WebEx Alternatives Hitting the Mobile Video Chat MarketMeet some new video conference and web meeting players sporting their mobile platforms
How Video Chat Is Changing the Game for Brand MarketersAs Non-business Use of Service Grows, Citibank, Ford, Verizon Buy OoVoo.
Blue Jeans Advantages:
- Bridges video conferencing platforms from any device, like connecting Skype to Cisco and Polycom H.323/SIP
- Amazing HD video at very little bandwidth
- Simple client experience
- Strong encryption, while Blue Jeans must process your video on their servers, where they have access to your voice and video.
Did H.323 Kill VCON? Is Blue Jeans Next?Read more
Blue Jeans pushes mobility, flexibility for video conferencingBlue Jeans Network now offers mobile integration for video conferencing and expands its enterprise footprint through its new partnership with TelyLabs enterprise room video conference.
- Up to 40 participants in a video conference
- Full featured mobile support (iPad, iPhone, Android)
- Very experienced and smart team - so they will make improvements fast
- Better video performance (especially when the Internet is slow)
- End-to-end encryption with FIPS 140-2 certified 256 bit AES
- Completely free group video (and free screen share for educational use)
Is Zoom HIPAA-Compliant?Read more
Comparing VSee, Zoom, GoToMeeting for Virtual Doctor VisitsRead more
Enterprise Zoom - Will it hurt BlueJeans and Vidyo?Read more
Zoom Review - 15 Friends On Video ChatRead more
Cisco Jabber Advantages:
- Market leader in telepresence and group video conference
- Reliable and high quality product that unifies essential office communication mediums - voice, IM, presence, and video
- Connects to all hardware video conference endpoints
- Available on all mobile devices
- No servers. VSee video is peer-to-peer and does not need to connect via a server/MCU/video router
- Crosses all firewalls. In contrast, Jabber requires opening firewall ports and has difficulty crossing network address translators (NAT) of most consumer firewalls
- Does not require administrator permissions
- Simple user experience