With this move, there are some changes to the firewall rules which you may need to get your IT to configure if you are behind an enterprise network.
When launching VSee, if you see messages which are stuck at “initialising”, it’s almost always caused by a firewall.
1. Please confirm that your local firewall (Windows firewall, Norton, etc.) is not blocking VSee traffic.
2. Also, if you’re on a corporate network it’s likely there is a firewall between your network and the Internet. Please have your IT set the following rules:
- Outgoing UDP to any destination IP/port if SOURCE port is between 6000-6254
- Outgoing TCP to destination talk.vsee.com ports 5222 (recommended) or 443
- talk.vsee.com currently resolves to two IPs, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124. This may change in future, so we recommend using DNS-based rules if possible.
- If you have a content filter that blocks XMPP/IM services, an exception should be made for talk.vsee.com.
If you continue to face problems connecting to VSee, please feel free to Contact VSee Support.