1. Skype’s beta only allows up to 5 callers—I’ve had an 11-way call* on VSee.
2. Skype only shares desktop OR video—VSee shows both.
3. Speaking of screen sharing: Skype’s screen sharing quality can be sub-par—VSee’s starts pixel perfect.
4. Skype has little else for collaborative tools—VSee does it all.
5. Skype is aimed at personal use—VSee is meant for getting work done!
6. Skype charges (about $5 for a day pass or $9 per month)—VSee is free for personal use, period.
*Remember, you have to have the CPU and available bandwidth to do this. This will also be true for Skype. I use a 2.2 GHz dual core computer with roughly a Mb of bandwidth both up and downstream. However, even on a netbook on an EVDO card I can have a good 3-way call.